Saturday, June 10, 2017

Final essay; seokwoo


Final essay


Intro 

  Those 3 articles reminds me stories and memories. First one is ice swimming in US, that I jumped to freezing water with my friends. Second one is suppression over overseas workers in North Korea to access to internet, that reminds me high school student life. The last one is banning Western junk food in Vanuatu's Torba province which was one of the reasons I become really fat when I was kid.


Body paragraph 1

  From Oe yura's blog from group7, I used article of ice swimming in US, which I have a stories with my friends. According to article of CNN, There is a sports in US, swimming in the freezing water. It has lots of benefits like reducing inflammation, relieving chronic pain but risk also as swimming without sufficient warm-up leads hypothermia or breathing problems.Oe yura wrote her experiences about dangerous happening that could've lead tragedy if there isn't enough preparation and safety rules. I did put myself to cold water with my friends to make our friendship tight, I realized It was really dangerous action because one of my friend felt dizzy and coldness. I enjoy shower with cold water and I can tell there are lots of good things, but like her opinion, I agree that it can be tragedy without enough preparation.Jumping and swimming in the ice water held in US, had been done well without any accidents.


Body paragraph 2

  By the article of Kim dong hyeon's blog from group1, North Korea banned overseas workers from accessing Internet, was similar as my situation at time of high school student for taken my freedom by strict rules. Announced by Yonhap news, North Korean authorities recently issued an order banning overseas North Korean workers' access to the Internet in an apparent bid to prevent the spread of the news on the assassination of Kim Jong-nam. 
Kim dong hyeon described his student time suffered from too much restrictions and regulations. He was uncomfortable and nervous because he couldn't make any contact with his family and friends when he needs them. I was in the almost same situation with him, so I know what it feels like loosing one's freedom. Even though I wanted to go to strict boarding school to get better grade and it was my will to enter my high school, I believe too much pressure and restrictions rather make students less concentrate in there study as a result of too much stress. Rules should be worked by student's will not by restriction, thus students can be eligible to their decision and accept repercussions resulted by their choice and it is the Democracy. While in North Korea, suppressing and taking someones freedom to communicate like accessing to internet freely, still be going on.


Body paragraph 3

  According to Choi Jaeyeon's blog, Vanuatu’s Torba province bans Western junk food, which make me suffer from extreme obesity back then was in kid. According to news.com.au, Vanuatu's Torba province to ban Western junk food, to protect the health of the people from foreign junk food.Jaeyeon said Junk food should be regulated somewhat at the national level for non-nutritious in body, causing disease and addiction.Back was in kid, I was super chubby boy weighted almost 100kg at age of 11. Among several reasons got fat, Junk food was main reason make me fat as it contains low nutrient so it doesn't make any satisfaction, eventually made me eat more. My opinion for junk food, plus Jaeyeon's opinion, government should provide "Life of having dinner in home with family" it is as because my parents was so busy that dinner was usually fast food from Mcdonalds or KFC.
Next time you holiday in Vanuatu, don’t expect to see any M&Ms or Mars Bars in every hotel minibar!


Conclusion

  I could tell my stories and opinions with those 3 articles . Freeezing water swimming reminds me funny, stupid time with my friends with making "Something to share" Second one, Regulating overseas workers in North Korea to access to internet, is related with my high school student life of pressure and restrictions. With the article of banning junk food coming to Torba province, I can tell how fat kid I was and my opinion to reducing Junk food consumption.











Source:

       1a. Oe, yura. "WEEK 9: Blog post 2b: N.America: US: From freezing lows to adrenaline              highs: Why go ice swimming?", yura2017ces.blogspot.kr, May 23, 2017. WEB. Jun                5, 2017.
             http://yura2017ces.blogspot.kr/2017/05/week-9-blog-post-2b-namerica-us-from.html
       
       1b. East, Susie. "From freezing lows to adrenaline highs: Why go ice swimming?",                      CNN, May 3, 2017. Web. May 6, 2017                                                                                      http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/03/health/ice-swimming-health-benefits-and-                          dangers/
   

        2a. Kim, Donghyeon. "Week 2: Blog post 1a: Asia: North korea.: N. Korea bans                           overseas workers from accessing Internet", donghyeon2017ces.blogspot.kr, Mar                   14, 2017. WEB. Jun 5, 2017.
              http://donghyeon2017ces.blogspot.kr/2017/03/week-2-blog-post-1a-asia-north-                     korea.html

        2b. "N. Korea bans overseas workers from accessing Internet ." YONHAP NEWS                       AGENCY, 8 March. 2017. Web. 15 March 2017                                                http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/search1/2603000000.htmlcid=AEN20170308005200315



        3a. Choi, Jayeon. "Week 4: Blog post 1c: Oceania: Vanuatu: Vanuatu’s Torba province               to ban Western junk food", jaeyeon2017ces.blogspot.kr, Mar 28,2017. WEB. Jun                   5,2017   

         3b. "Vanuatu's Torba province to ban Western junk food" News.com.au. World travel. 7               February. 2017. Web. 27 March 2017.                                                                                       http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/pacific/vanuatus-torba-province-to-ban-               western-junk-food/news-story/cbc107e9a66de8ff56e4e7b3fea0e246






  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment